We’ve heard about novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) that was first reported from Wuhan, China, on 31 December 2019.
Since the first cases of a previously unknown pneumonia-like illness emerged in December at Wuhan and rapidly spread around the world, it has brought up to the world’s attention on this global health crisis.
Coronaviruses are a large family of respiratory viruses that can cause diseases ranging from the common cold to the Middle-East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).
Coronaviruses are more deathly than MERS and SARS
Common signs of infection for Coronavirus include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.
In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
Should avoid crowded place to prevent cross infection..
So how to protect yourself from this Coronavirus Outbreak? Crowded places to avoid such as Cinema, Concert, Event, Malls, Airport Unless is a must for you to perform your work.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has listed basic protective measures against it. Here’s what you must do to protect yourself and others:
1. Wash your hands frequently – Wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub.
2. Practice respiratory hygiene – Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or flexible elbow
3. Maintain social distancing – Maintain at least 1 meter (3 feet) distance between yourself and other people, particularly those who are coughing, sneezing and have a fever.
4. Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth – Hands touch many surfaces that can be contaminated with the virus and touching your eyes, nose or mouth allow you to transfer the virus.
5. Seek for medical care once you have symptoms like fever, cough and difficulty breathing. – To seek medical attention promptly can prevent further spread of infection and for immediate health care.
6. Avoid contact with live farm or wild animals. – To protect yourself from exposure to viruses.
7. Avoid the consumption of raw or undercooked animal products. – Handle raw meat, milk or animal organs with care, to avoid cross-contamination with uncooked foods, as per good food safety practices.
8. Protect yourself from getting sick. – Boost your immune system by taking vitamin C and probiotic supplements and immune-boosting foods like citric fruits, broccoli, spinach, nuts, vegetables, wheatgrass, berries, garlic, ginger and many more.
What else can you do more to protect your loved one?
1. Wear facial protection (mask) while expose to public area and dispose it correctly.
2. Avoid exposing family members to soiled work clothing and shoes.
3. Disinfect equipment and working area at least once a day
4. Avoid close contact when you are experiencing cough and fever
5. Avoid spitting in public
6. If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your health care provider.
7. Avoid travel in public transport if you have a fever and cough
8. Avoid close contact with people suffering from a fever and cough
Prevention is always better than cure. Keep yourself safe from coronavirus outbreak and seek immediate medical attention if any symptoms found. Take Care!